Revision as of 12:59, 3 August 2012 by Marek
Learn about: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Mimer, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Access.
Do you like the new layout of SQLZoo?
You are welcome to share your opinion with us. The best way to do so is to send us an e-mail.
- 1 SELECT basics
- Some simple queries to get you started
- 2 SELECT from BBC
- In which we query the BBC country profile table.
- 3 SELECT from Nobel
- Additional practice of the basic features using a table of Nobel Prize winners.
- 4 SELECT within SELECT
- In which we form queries using other queries.
- 5 SUM and COUNT
- In which we apply aggregate functions. more the same
- 6 JOIN
- In which we join two tables; ttms and country. previously music tutorial
- 7 More JOIN operations
- In which we join actors to movies in the Movie Database.
- 8 Using Null
- In which we look at teachers in departments. previously Scottish Parliament
- 9 Self join
- In which we join Edinburgh bus routes to Edinburgh bus routes.
Reference Section: how to...
- 1 SELECT
- How to read the data from a database.
- 2 CREATE and DROP
- How to create tables, indexes, views and other things. How to get rid of them.
- 3 INSERT and DELETE
- How to put records into a table, change them and how to take them out again.
- 4 DATE and TIME
- How to work with dates; adding, subtracting and formatting.
- 5 Functions
- How to use string functions, logical functions and mathematical functions.
- 6 Users
- How to create users, GRANT and DENY access, get at other peoples tables. How to find processes and kill them.
- 7 Meta Data
- How to find out what tables and columns exist. How to count and limit the rows return.
- 8 SQL Hacks
- SQL User Manuals
- [ Mimer | MySQL | Oracle | SQL Server | Access | DB2 | Sybase | Postgres | SQLite ]
- Online copies of implementation specific user manuals.
- Starting SQL
- [ MySQL | Oracle | SQL Server | DB2 | Postgres | Ingres ]
- How to connect to the server and execute SQL statements.
- Programming with SQL
- [ SQL in perl on the Web | SQL from Java ]
- SQL standard
- [ SQL92 BNF ]
- Error Messages
- Some error messages from SQL engines
- Temporary Assessment section, before the main menu is finished.
- Assessment Temp